Sunday 22 April 2012

Evaluation 4

  How did you use new media technologies in the construction and research, planning and evaluation stages?

I used a variety of new media technologies to plan and construct my production "Grimm" and blog. For example, I used websites such as BARB to gather information about viewing figures and possible target audiences. I also used programmes such as Photoshop to create my ancillary tasks, and eventually, Adobe Premier Elements to edit "Grimm". The use of a blog was the most important of new media technologies that I used for the planning stage, as it enabled me to have all the necessary paperwork in one place and easily accessible, this was also useful for the evaluation stage as I had everything in the same place so I could look back at it easily. I believe that having the access to computers with software for video editing has been invaluable as, originally, I would have had to manually edit tape, and there wouldn’t be much room for improvement or mistakes, but, with new technologies you are able to revisit the production and alter it. It also allows you to edit it un-chronologically, leaving extra time to re-film if necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment